When the lettuce was finished we decided to go with something that would thrive through the summer — and we can make pickles later too! Wow these are growing rapidly. Trying them with tomato cages after reading online for use in raised beds. Picked up the Organic Ferry-Morse seed at Home Depot.
- 7/16/2017 — First harvest! Many fruits are top heavy so going to attempt hand pollination for next set.
- 7/8/2017 — Small fruits appearing on several vines.
- 6/17/2017 — Blossoms emerging, tendrils grabbing cages.
- 6/8/2017 — It’s only been three weeks but these lil guys are almost up to the first rung of the cages.
- 5/20/2017 — Planted on mounds in raised bed where lettuce previously had been. Went ahead and added cages and snaked the soaker hose through everything.