A wedding present from my beautiful sister, we were worried at first we didn’t plant them correctly but they are thriving. We won’t get fruit this year but I have a feeling next year is going to be super blackberry time.
- 7/8/2017 — Added a side dressing of worm compost (per the instructions from the grower), most plants training rapidly up the new trellis.
- 6/25/2017 — Decided to swap out trellis with one built from 8-foot plant stakes and bamboo rungs attached with coated wire.
- 6/8/2017 — New growth on all plants, really thriving. Bought mulch to fix area around trench that we really should have removed all the grass first.
- 5/6/2017 — Put up “trellis” from shepherd hooks, kite line, and insect houses. We’ll see if this innovative approach works…
- 4/28/2017 — Arrived as bare root from Nourse Farms, planted in amended ground/trench.